The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. It is open to young people including Indigenous Australians, school leavers, gap year students, graduates and job seekers who are looking for employment to develop work skills, undertake training and gain experience in the delivery of conservation. Green Army teams of 10 (up to nine participants and one team supervisor) are being deployed across the country to help communities deliver local conservation outcomes.
How will you benefit from joining the Green Army team?
- Being part of a Green Army team will provide you with valuable skills, training and experience that will support you in future career prospects including but not limited to: Parks and Gardens, Conservation, Bush Regeneration and Nurseries.
- You will receive an allowance of $10.34 - $16.78 per hour. (The allowance is based on when you left school and your highest school based qualification achieved).
- You will be trained in First Aid and Work Health and Safety before starting a project.
- You will be supported to undertake on and off the job training including accredited training to improve your career opportunities.
- You will be contributing to a nationwide effort to clean up Australia's environment and help your local community.
Green Army team member positions are generally 4 days per week (30 hours p.w.) for 23 weeks. Personal protection equipment and transport to Green Army project work sites is provided (a 12 seater bus picks up team members from central pick up point/s).
Want to know more?
For more information please call Kerry on 0458 898 933 or 1300 232 663 or via email.