Transition to Work is designed to help young people who are early school leavers or those who have had difficulty entering employment after school. To participate in Transition to Work you must be:
- Aged 15-21, and
- an Australian citizen, or
- the holder of a permanent visa, or
- New Zealand Special Category Visa, or
- Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
Eligibility will also depend on your circumstances, including whether you:
- Have been awarded a Year 12 Certificate or Certificate III
- have been employed within the last six months
- receive an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
- are currently participating in another employment service, including jobactive.
For more information on eligibility to participate in Transition to Work, please phone 1300 232 663 (press option 3 for Youth and Community).